Thursday, September 24, 2009

COLLEEN MATTIS MPS-2005


COLLEEN MATTIS


Savannah College of Art and Design-2009

Savannah, GA


BFA-Art History


While at Mercyhurst Prep, Colleen excelled in photography, was a member of NAHS and was a recipient of the Creative Arts Award and the Excellence in Photography Award. With a desire to continue in the arts, she attended Savannah College of Art and Design. She graduated Cum Laude in 2009 with a degree in Art History.
A Photography major in her first two years, she switched to Art History when the college transitioned from traditional photography to digital. While at SCAD, she took advantage of internships that involved helping curate art exhibitions, where her responsibilities included installation, publicity, and acting as docent at receptions. She also had the opportunity to meet artists and professionals of note in the art world, including Art Critic Robert Hughes and Egyptologist Zahi Hawass.
Colleen received 15 credit hours, a full semester's worth, for her participation in IB. "My art classes at MPS gave me a big head start over many of the other incoming students at SCAD. There is no doubt in my mind that the education I received at MPS set me up for my great success at Savannah College of Art and Design. Not only was I encouraged in high school to pursue my passion for art, but I was prepared to do so."
Colleen is currently pursuing a career in writing and art criticism, while continuing to create art with her camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment